From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Oak error codes
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:42:33 GMT
Good idea.

For localization it's also useful if you could pass through those codes in programmatic fashion:

int OakException#getErrorCode() // or even using enums - YMMV

Then applications can build their own localization dictionaries based on the (documented)
error codes, without having to fiddle with the english exception messages.

Cheers,
Alex

PS: Note that I am not talking about Java's Throwable#getLocalizedMessage(), as that's generally
useless, because the backend such as Oak usually does not and should not know about the current
UI language.