From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: References, referenceables and referential integrity
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:01:07 GMT

Hi,

Here is a summary of a quick f2f discussion Jukka, Angela, Tom and I had
today: since there is no index for finding all references to a node,
using a query is troublesome here. We should thus update the code such
that referenced nodes maintain back references to its referrers and use
a commit hook to keep the set of back reference up to date. These back
references would then be used to enforce referential integrity of
referenceable nodes and to implement Node.getReferences() (instead of
the inefficient query based implementation we have to today).

Michael