From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Behaviour of Move Operations
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:00:09 GMT
Hi,

>Are there any plans (or has someone already done) a CassandraMK

I'm not aware of plans to write a CassandraMK. Currently we concentrate on
MongoDB. Possibly Cassandra could be supported quite easily by
implementing the org.apache.jackrabbit.mongomk.prototype.DocumentStore
interface, but I didn't look into that.

>is
>there something in the Oak design that would prevent that level of
>eventual consistency ? (I guess that might trading consistency for
>scalability)

... or consistency for performance.

I didn't test it, but I guess eventual consistency would work within Oak.
I would actually be more worried about how *users* (and developers) can
deal with inconsistencies. It might be confusing for a user if he can
successfully save changes, but then his changes are lost or garbled
because somebody else changed the same item at the same time. If we do
allow inconsistencies within the MicroKernel, I guess it would help if
this could be configured on a path level (/libs is always consistent,
/comments is eventually consistent or so).

Regards,
Thomas