From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SegmentNodeStore merge operations
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:48:49 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:
> assuming the uniqueness constraint is enforced with the p2
> index implementation in oak, each node with a distinct UUID,
> will create a distinct index node for each UUID. creating those
> nodes will not result in a conflict as defined by Michael a while
> ago.

Right, that should work for this case.

But it doesn't address the other case I brought up, of adding a write
restriction on the root node. It's a very rare commit that does do
something like that, but any commits need to be aware of potential
changes in that area. Thus, if we want to maintain the illusion of
serialization of such changes, you'd need at least something like
read-write locks over such problem areas.

BR,

Jukka Zitting