From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1458234 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/kernel/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/version/ oak-core/src/main/java/o
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:41:43 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> quite frankly: IMHO the bigger impact on memory usage is
> that afaik we currently load all parent states which most likely
> will not be all accessed by the oak/jcr API calls.

I don't think so. The number of intermediate nodes that need to be
traversed to access distinct N nodes is O(log N) in a typical
hierarchical structure. In contrast the number of paths that would
have to be kept around is O(N).

That should be easy to verify with a benchmark. I'll see if I can come
up with one.

BR,

Jukka Zitting