From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some more benchmarks
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:54:10 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>     # ReadPropertyTest               min     10%     50%     90%     max       N
>     Jackrabbit                        31      31      33      92     121    1470
>     Oak-Default                       56      58      61     120     132     802

Quick benchmarking of the Oak-Default run shows
NamePathMapperImpl.getOakPath() calling JcrPathParser.validate()
taking about 20% of the time in this test.

Do we need to explicitly validate all paths that get passed to us?
Especially in cases like getProperty(), where in the vast majority of
the cases the given path matches an existing property (whose path by
definition is valid), it would make more sense to skip such validation
entirely, or at least postpone it to the rare cases where a matching
property was not found.

BR,

Jukka Zitting