From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: SegmentNodeStore merge operations
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:58:12 GMT
Hi,

> But it doesn't address the other case I brought up, of adding a write
> restriction on the root node. It's a very rare commit that does do
> something like that, but any commits need to be aware of potential
> changes in that area. Thus, if we want to maintain the illusion of
> serialization of such changes, you'd need at least something like
> read-write locks over such problem areas.

you mean an access control restriction on the root node? yes, in this
case it could happen that someone is able to change content after
the restriction on the root node denied this modification. I guess
we'd have to assess if this is really a strict requirement. if a session
previously had access to an area it shouldn't have, something is
wrong anyway.

regards
 marcel