From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some more benchmarks
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:14:55 GMT

On 27.3.13 14:41, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Profiling the getProperty calls shows the following distribution of time spent:
>
>      NodeImpl.getProperty()
>        61% NodeDelegate.getProperty() via perform()
>        31% ItemImpl.isStale() via checkStatus()
>         8% other stuff
>
> The status check would be an obvious area of improvement, especially
> since we're dealing with a read-only session that's never refreshed.

With the resolution of OAK-690, I made tree instances stable across save
and refresh operations. There is thus no need any more for trees to be
re-loaded in ItemDelegate and I removed the respective logic already.

These changes improve the situation somewhat and might open some
additional room for optimizing the status checks (especially in the case
of read only sessions).

# ReadPropertyTest     min     10%     50%     90%     max       N
Jackrabbit               8       8       9      10     131    6623
Oak-Default             22      22      23      24      42    2559
Oak-Default (OAK-690)   15      15      16      17      43    3654

The second to last line is without the changes done for OAK-690 while
the last line includes those changes.

Michael