From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some more benchmarks
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:32:43 GMT

On 27.3.13 12:21, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
>> IIUC you propose to not validate paths in the read case but rely on the
>> downstream code to fail. Might be worth a try. However we'd need different
>> path parsing then for the read an the write case since circumventing path
>> validation for the write case is most certainly not the right thing to do.
>
> We already have the NameValidator that ensures that all (non-hidden)
> names stored in the repository are valid. As a consequence also all
> existing repository paths are valid.

That's right. The easiest thing is to try it out, remove pre-emptive
path validation and see what breaks. I have the vague memory that there
were some overly picky TCK tests which required us to put this upfront
validation in. However, a lot of time has past since then so it might be
a good idea to have another look.

Michael