From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some more benchmarks
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:12:49 GMT

On 27.3.13 11:54, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Do we need to explicitly validate all paths that get passed to us?
> Especially in cases like getProperty(), where in the vast majority of
> the cases the given path matches an existing property (whose path by
> definition is valid), it would make more sense to skip such validation
> entirely, or at least postpone it to the rare cases where a matching
> property was not found.

FWIW, the relevant discussion is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-108

IIUC you propose to not validate paths in the read case but rely on the
downstream code to fail. Might be worth a try. However we'd need
different path parsing then for the read an the write case since
circumventing path validation for the write case is most certainly not
the right thing to do.

Michael