From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: NodeStates and security (Re: svn commit: r1458234 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/kernel/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/v...
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:50:00 GMT
hi bart

> Well that reduces the question to just *how* to do it ;-)

sure...

> I was just jumping in because we experienced many problems with this
> use case with JR2 and was wondering if it's was worth the effort to
> support it.

right... but there is no much use for us in creating a default
implementation in oak that doesn't fit our needs. we kept doing that
in jackrabbit core and ended up having plenty of code that we don't
support nor properly test in production. that doesn't help anybody.
however, what i definitely want to do, is to ease pluggability and
creation of different and custom access control and permission models.
this also includes better separation of those two concerns.

kind regards
angela