From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Behaviour of Move Operations
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:47:23 GMT

What Jukka is saying is that the repository gives you a choice between
consistency and availability. Since both you cannot have.

Michael

On 1.3.13 12:40, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> So you essentially say: Behaviour of the repository is "best effort" and we -- at the
 end of the day -- cannot trust the repository ?

> Sounds frightening.
>
> IMHO the repository should be failsafe and thus eventually solve the issue making sure
we don't end up with two copies of the same node (actually both copies, if referenceable,
will even have the same node ID....