From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Behaviour of Move Operations
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:52:08 GMT
Hi,

Am 01.03.2013 um 13:47 schrieb Michael Dürig:

> What Jukka is saying is that the repository gives you a choice between
> consistency and availability. Since both you cannot have.

I think you don't want to given the user that choice ...

I'd opt for best possible availability (or probably you mean performance?) with "guaranteed"
consistency.

Regards
Felix

> Michael
>
> On 1.3.13 12:40, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> So you essentially say: Behaviour of the repository is "best effort" and we -- at
the  end of the day -- cannot trust the repository ?

>> Sounds frightening.
>>
>> IMHO the repository should be failsafe and thus eventually solve the issue making
sure we don't end up with two copies of the same node (actually both copies, if referenceable,
will even have the same node ID....

--
Felix Meschberger | Principal Scientist | Adobe