From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Time for jackrabbit-jcr-auth?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:52:41 GMT
Hi,

When looking at the login() code for OAK-634 I realized that there's a
a lot of duplication between jackrabbit-core and oak-core in this
area.

Would it make sense to split out the authentication code to something
like jackrabbit-jcr-auth that could be used by both jackrabbit-core
and oak-core.

AFAICT there aren't too many places in the authentication code that
require deep integration with the repository internals (unlike in
authorization), so it should be possible to extract the relevant code
to a separate component. Or am I mistaken?

BR,

Jukka Zitting