From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add the #setHook method to the NodeStore?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:03:38 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Alex Parvulescu
<alex.parvulescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if we could promote the #setHook method to the NodeStore api?

The intention so far has been to keep NodeStore functionally
equivalent to the MicroKernel, i.e. just a higher-level wrapper that
hides details like caching, JSOP processing and revision/path
tracking. Adding commit hooks would notably change that. Ideally I'd
see RootImpl instead of the underlying NodeStore applying the commit
hooks. The implementation dependency to KernelNodeStore.setHook() is a
hacky solution as you noticed.

So until we figure out how to move hooks away from the NodeStore
implementation, it probably does make sense to reflect that in the
interface. However, instead of a setHook() method, I'd rather do this
with an additional CommitHook argument to the merge() command, as
that'll make it easier to later move the hook processing to RootImpl.

BR,

Jukka Zitting