From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access workspace name withing CommitHook
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:27:18 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Wouldn't any other "version history ->  path in workspace" mapping face
>> the same problem?
>
> no.

Can you describe the mapping you had in mind? How does it address this
problem with "lost" version histories?

>> From the top of my head I'd treat such "lost" version histories as
>> admin-only content until someone "re-connects" them by cloning a
>> versionable node from another workspace or importing one from
>> somewhere else.
>
> well... i thought about for a longer time, talked to quite some
> people and made a couple of decisions regarding the way i want
> to try to prevent the security issue we are facing in jr-core.
> marcel and myself discussed the possibility of making the lost
> version admin-only accessible and came to the conclusion that
> this will not work with the use-cases we are having... i distinctly
> remember a similar situation were we just happen do deal with a customer
> escalation because from the top of someones head an
> admin-only approach looked perfectly reasonable :-)

Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a top-of-the-head idea. :-)

Would you mind describing here on the list the solution you have in
mind and the key use cases it needs to address? That would give us a
better record of why the particular design is being chosen. (Or just
point to a relevant thread I may have missed.)

BR,

Jukka Zitting