From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: enter() method for JCR implementation classes
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:50:28 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> The problem is actually more subtle than that. The mechanism avoids refresh
> being called from reentrant calls to any session scoped operation (that's
> the reason for using a counter in perform). Otherwise we risk that a session
> is refreshed while we are in the middle of a session scoped operation. This
> can lead to very unpredictable test failures and bugs.

I'm not too worried about that, since we've always had that situation
in jackrabbit-core. The main problems this has caused are the various
deadlocks and corruptions that we've faced there, but in Oak those
should be non-issues since we have a much cleaner barrier between
session-local and repository-wide information. The worst that could
happen is a single session behaving a bit unexpectedly, and even that
should be pretty rare as most sessions never auto-refresh.

BR,

Jukka Zitting