From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: One hook to rule them all
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:20:14 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Alex Parvulescu
<alex.parvulescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I almost had this going until I ran into some CommitHooks that deviate from
> this standard behavior (like the ValidatingHook for ex which needs a root
> validator)

Actually you could think of the ValidatingHook as a variant of your
approach, as it also maintains a set of diff objects (Validator is
much like NodeStateDiff). The main difference to the index hook
mechanism is that validators can't modify the content tree.

I'm hoping to come up with an approach that could generalize and merge
these features into one hook.

BR,

Jukka Zitting