From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject How should the current Tree and NodeState apis behave in the case of a null child name?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:14:50 GMT
hi,

apologies if this has been discussed already and I missed it.

I ran into this via some tets in the AccessControlManagerImplTest that
trigger a NPE in the Segment MK impl [0].

I'm looking at the Tree and the NodeState interfaces, I see a lot of api
docs about the returned value but no constraints about the input child name.
Is null considered a valid input?

Either way I think we should build in proper null checks for all existing
implementations.

thoughts?

thanks,
alex