From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Large flat commit problems
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:42:52 GMT
> I didn't analyze the results, but could the problem be orderable child
> nodes? Currently, oak-core stores a property ":childOrder".

no, the problem is how oak-core detects changes between two node
state revisions. for a node with many child nodes in two revisions, oak-core
currently loads all children in both revisions to find out, which child nodes
were added, removed, changed or didn't change at all.

I'm currently working on this issue in KernelNodeState by leveraging
the MK.diff(). right now it simply checks if there are differences, but
doesn't make use of the information. this should bring the cost down
to O(N) where N is the number of modified child nodes.

Please note this requires a correct implementation of MK.diff()!

Regards
 Marcel