From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Dropping ItemImpl.checkPropertected()
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:08:52 GMT
Hi,

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com>
> wrote:
> > -1 from my side. i think it's important to distinguish protected
> > items that are meant to be filled in by the system or by dedicated API.
>
> Agreed, but do we need to make this distinction separately during each
> addNode() and setProperty() call, instead of just once during save()?

I'd be OK to replace the full-fledged checked in each call with a simple
hardcoded set of well-known protected properties. the full check on
save() would then take care of the rest. basically for node types, which
are not provided by the repository, but the application. I'd even argue
there cannot be any application defined node type definitions with
protected items...

Regards
 Marcel