From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Access workspace name withing CommitHook
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:55:27 GMT
hi all

voilà... for the record you can find below a brief summary of
the session that took place today in basel.

regards
angela

0. attendees

alex, jukka (remote), marcel, mete, michaelD, michaelM, tom,
tommaso, angela

1. status quo

- support for multiple workspace has been postponed so far as
   we don't have an urgent need for it.
- the default workspace name is configurable in Oak.java
- version implementation abstracts the workspace information

2. current issues related to workspace handling

- access control related commit hooks that need to know the
   workspace name (avoid content migration for the future
   multi-workspace setup).

- marcel explained that he ran into a similar situation when
   implementing version commit hooks [0]

3. discussion of possible solutions

a) add support for multiple workspace
b) adjust commit hook interface
c) retrieve workspace information from subject
d) global repository configuration storing the workspace information
e) pass workspace name upon commit hook creation

4. decisions

- stick with the former decision to postpone support for
   multiple workspace.

- keep the multi-workspace setup in mind in order to allow
   for implementing it at a later stage

- avoid passing workspace information everywhere in order
   not to imply a given multi-workspace implementation

- suggestion e) seemed to suit our needs for the time being.
   verify if this works -> see also OAK-625 [1]

[0] http://jackrabbit.markmail.org/thread/bqwi2xiu3zg73kdg
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-625