From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inconsistent behavior upon moving nodes
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:39:23 GMT

On 8.2.13 9:10, Angela Schreiber wrote:
> hi michael
>
> ok... but the subject of this thread is the behavior of nodes
> upon move and as a simple test shows the behavior is the same
> for both referenceable and non-referenceable nodes.
>
> while i agree that the behavior of "same nodes" may change
> due to the way we define the identifier, i would still claim
> that the way we currently implement the move is not correct
> and the inconsistency between new and existing nodes will be
> troublesome for the reasons marcel explained.

Yes I agreed... and actually never denied that ;-)

There are now various parts to this story:

1) The intended behaviour I had in mind is questionable. See Jukka's
argument,
2) the intended behaviour I had in mind is not correctly implemented,
3) support for identifier is not there yet as you mentioned (OAK-101).

I'll first fix the obvious bugs (OAK-614 was one). Afterwards we should
agree on the "right" behaviour and implement that along side with the
open todos in OAK-101.

Michael