From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Access workspace name withing CommitHook
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:13:15 GMT
hi jukka

> Wouldn't any other "version history ->  path in workspace" mapping face
> the same problem?

no.

> From the top of my head I'd treat such "lost" version histories as
> admin-only content until someone "re-connects" them by cloning a
> versionable node from another workspace or importing one from
> somewhere else.

well... i thought about for a longer time, talked to quite some
people and made a couple of decisions regarding the way i want
to try to prevent the security issue we are facing in jr-core.
marcel and myself discussed the possibility of making the lost
version admin-only accessible and came to the conclusion that
this will not work with the use-cases we are having... i distinctly
remember a similar situation were we just happen do deal with a customer
escalation because from the top of someones head an
admin-only approach looked perfectly reasonable :-)

regards
angela