From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Access workspace name withing CommitHook
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:34:30 GMT
hi jukka

> I would simply use UUID lookups for that.  [...]

that doesn't work because we have to deal with "lost"
content in the version store i.e. version histories
whose versionable node has been removed... basically
that's the fundamental problem behind the various issues
we are facing with the version store in jackrabbit-core.

> Assuming that logins are per-workspace, the User associated with a
> session could have something like a WorkspacePrincipal that identifies
> the workspace against which the authentication happened.

in other words transporting the workspace name in the subject...
i thought about that one, but considered it a bit hacky :-)
and since it's the third time in a weeks timeframe that i
add a TODO for the missing workspace name oak-code, i thought
it be worth addressing this.

> Alternatively, assuming we implement multiple workspaces by adding an
> extra layer to the tree hierarchy, the commit hook could record the
> workspace name as it descends through the content diff.

for example... but i agree with michael that this then becomes
part of a much bigger multi-workspace discussion, doesn't it?

regards
angela