From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inconsistent behavior upon moving nodes
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 17:10:59 GMT

Hi,

On 5.2.13 16:39, Michael Dürig wrote:
> AFAICT we have three possibilities here:
>
> 1) drop support for tracking nodes across moves (AKA OAK-391),
> 2) track nodes through weak reference,
> 3) come up with another ingenious approach of tracking nodes across moves.

Some more perspective on 3):

Every approach will either (a) need to notify node instances about moves
or (b) each node instance would need to check whether a move occurred
after the respective instance has been acquired.

(a) The first approach requires some kind of tracking of all node
instances so it will be basically option 2) from above.

(b) The second approach requires tracking of all move in a session and
some information to determine whether a move has happened before a node
was acquired or after and thus whether that move affected that node or not.

Michael