From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Inconsistent behavior upon moving nodes (was: Re: When moving a Tree, can it die?)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:04:34 GMT
Hi,

On 05.02.2013, at 11:47, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com<mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Do you have examples of where the new behavior would be troublesome
for existing code (not just new test cases)? The assumption from the
earlier discussion was that such cases should be pretty rare and easy
to fix if needed. If that assumption is incorrect, then we obviously
need to rethink the solution.

They are easy to fix but very difficult to detect and diagnose. No exception is thrown, just
the behavior is unexpected. I think this is quite dangerous, since the spec is IMO quite clear
about this http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/10_Writing.html#10.11.7%20Reflecting%20Item%20State

Regards
 Marcel