From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Concurrency Question
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:42:48 GMT
Hi,
Are the concurrency characteristics of MongoDB [1] relevant to write
concurrency in Oak ?

IIUC from the presentation MongoDB pre 2.2 had global exclusive write
locks and post 2.2 has per database exclusive write locks which might
be scoped to the shard if the update only impacts a single shard.

I am assuming that any storage implementation for Oak won't rely on
this characteristic and could use a less synchronised storage
mechanism from one of the other providers ?

I ask, because I don't know if this is relevant, and want to be educated.

Thanks
Ian

1 http://www.10gen.com/presentations/concurrency-internals-mongodb-v22