From Melanie Drake <melanie.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Conversion Mechanism for Non-Bundle PM Repositories?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:44:31 GMT
Since it seems that non-bundle persistence managers may become unsupported
in Jackrabbit 3.0, is there a plan to provide a data conversion mechanism
to convert 'simple schema' (e.g., Jackrabbit 1.6.1) repositories to the new
schema?  I’m not sure of the typical use of Jackrabbit, but I have many
customers who have amassed large amounts of data using Jackrabbit 1.6.1.  We
want to continue to use Jackrabbit, but we will be unable to upgrade if we
cannot retain this data.

(From what I understand, Oak may or may not be Jackrabbit 3.0.  I’m just
wondering if a data conversion mechanism will be provided once the
non-bundle persistence managers are no longer supported.)

>From the 2.2.0 release notes:

"Deprecation of old persistence managers.  All non-bundle persistence
managers and also non-pooled bundle database persistence managers have been
deprecated in preparation for potential future changes of the persistence
layer.  All the deprecated persistence managers will remain functional and
supported in future 2.x releases, but will most likely be removed in
Jackrabbit 3.0"

Thanks!