From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject MongoMK: deleted nodes
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:07:25 GMT
Hi,

I was just thinking the way how MongoMK handles deleted nodes and
I'm wondering if we should change it to make reading nodes less expensive.

I understand reading a node requires checking all ancestors of that node
to find out if it really exists. This is already done that way in NodeExistsCommand
but it looks like it's missing in FetchNodesActionNew. To me it looks like
we will have to change FetchNodesActionNew accordingly. But that means
reading will become quite expensive.

Would it be better to mark a node as deleted in the revision it was deleted?
Reading a node in a given revision would return the node and we'd have to
add logic to check the new flag. But we'd then immediately know whether
the node exists in that revision without consulting ancestor nodes.

regards
 marcel