From Alex Rodriguez <...@enonic.com>
Subject OAK-539: Wrong compareTo in micro-kernel Id class
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 08:36:40 GMT
Hi,

I have submitted an issue and also a patch with a fix. The bug and fix are quite simple, but
I think the effects are quite serious. The problem is that Id.compareTo method is broken and
returns the wrong ordering in some cases.

I found the issue because I got randomly primary key exceptions when using H2Persistence.
DefaultRevisionStore tries to retrieve the commitCounter on initialization, and for that it
takes the highest of headId and lastCommitId. Due to the bug in compareTo it ends up using
an id that already exists in the REVS table. After this, basically all write operations fail.
And I suspect there might be other issues caused by this bug.

Sorry for the long summary, maybe that belongs in the issue in jira. What I wanted to ask
is what is the procedure for sending patches? It seems like the Github project is a mirror,
or can I make pull requests from Github?
If this is explained somewhere kindly send me to the right url.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-539

--
Best regards,

Alex Rodriguez