From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Conflict handling in Oak
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:57:44 GMT
Hi,

>"But the question is how close the journal has to match the original
>commit, specially "move" and "copy" operations.

Yes. There are various degrees of how close the journal is to the commit.
One option is: the commit is preserved 1:1. The other extreme is: moves
are fully converted to add+remove. But there are options in the middle,
for example if the original operation included "move /a /b", and the
journal wouldn't return it 1:1, but instead "add /b, then move /a/x to
/b/x, and remove /a". I thought this is what the MicroKernelImpl does in
some cases (if there are multiple operations), and I don't think it's a
problem.

Regards,
Thomas