From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Conflict handling in Oak
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:25:18 GMT
Hi,

>1) Make the definition of conflicts sufficiently strong to exclude such
>cases. That's Tom's proposal from this Thread.

Ah, OK, I thought you meant it could still be a problem even with my
proposal.

I guess failing on (node-level-) conflicts would be the most simple
solution, as a start. It would also simplify checking node type
constraints within oak-core I guess (if we actually want to have strict
checks).

At the beginning, I would probably not try to merge conflicts in oak-core,
and simply fail the commit. If it turns out to be a problem in reality, we
could still change it. Unless, of course, we already know it's a problem?

>2) Allow inconsistent journals.

I guess we don't want that. But the question is how close the journal has
to match the original commit, specially "move" and "copy" operations. If
they need to be preserved (do they?), then it's complicated.

Regards,
Thomas