From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Conflict handling in Oak
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:35:46 GMT
Hi,

>In addition it would be nice to annotate conflicts in some way. This is
>quite easy to do and would allow upper layers to resolve conflicts based
>on specific business logic. Currently we do something along these lines
>with the AnnotatingConflictHandler [1] in oak-core.

Sure, that would make sense. We would need to define the exact way on how
to mark conflicts. I wonder if the MicroKernel should stop at the first
conflict (as it does now) or if it should try to continue and mark
multiple conflicts. Continuing might be a bit tricky to implement, but for
an efficient conflict resolution it would be better I guess (to avoid many
roundtrips). Should we define a Json format for conflicts?

Regards,
Thomas