From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1420138 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak: query/ query/ast/ query/index/ spi/query/
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:02:09 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 11.12.12 12:57, thomasm@apache.org wrote:
>> -    private Root root;
>> +    private Root rootTree;
>
> I'd leave these at root and only use rootTree for variables of type Tree,
> which hold the root node of a tree (i.e. Tree rootTree = root.getTree("/")).

Could we refactor the code so that the QueryEngine instance doesn't
need a direct Root reference? I.e. it would only have a reference to
the root Tree of the current repository snapshot. AFAICT the query
engine only needs the Root to be able to look up Tree instances, much
less than the commit/refresh/etc. functionality offered by Root.

BR,

Jukka Zitting