From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oak & JCR versioning
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 09:23:32 GMT

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:
> I guess in the end I can live with either approach, but right now prefer
> 1). maybe the tie-breaker could be the question how we actually want to
> expose the version storage through the Oak API and how we implement it.

I think in either case the version storage should be exposed simply as
the /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage subtree.

Anyway, how about we go with your option 1), but structure the code
such that we keep the CommitHook that triggers versioning operations
separate from a Validator that simply ensures the consistency of
changes to the version store and all versionable nodes (and would
therefore also act as an independent watchdog for potential bugs in
the hook)? That way potential future deployments that want more
freedom at the expense of more complicated versioning could achieve
that simply by disabling the auto-versioning CommitHook.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message