From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: workspaces & version storage
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 13:03:43 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:
> a BloomFilter (yay ;)).

+1!

> would you consider this not clean?

There's the conceptual mismatch with the potential breakage of statements like:

   node.getSession().getNode(node.getProperty("nt:baseVersion").getNode().getPath())
   node.getVersionHistory().getSession().getNode(node.getPath())

I'm not sure if we'd in practice encounter problems like this, but it
does seem potentially troublesome if content accessed through one
session/workspace would actually be associated with another
session/workspace.

> but what about plugins that would like to operate on the repository level?

One option would be to have a separate category for such plugins that
disables the subtree restriction for such cases. Or we could
alternatively make all plugins operate on the full repository and
simply have some of them explicitly step down to the appropriate
subtree before further processing, which should be a simple and safe
enough code change.

BR,

Jukka Zitting