From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Conflict handling in Oak
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:13:14 GMT
hi,

> Just remember that "MAY" is difficult to handle by developers: Can I depend
> on it or not ?

no, you can't.

> What if the "MAY" feature does not exist?

in this context it means, a commit will fail because of a conflict. for oak-jcr that
will usually mean it throws an InvalidItemStateException.

> What if I develop on
> an implementation providing the "MAY" feature and then running on an
> implementation not providing the "MAY" feature ?

you will get a different behavior and will be advised to read the documentation ;)

> In essence, a "MAY" feature basically must be considered as non-existing :-(
>
> All in all, please don't use "MAY". Thanks from a developer ;-)

that's a valid alternative.

what do others think?

regards
 marcel