From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Oak & JCR versioning
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:09:06 GMT
hi marcel

>> From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Marcel Reutegger
>> <mreutegg@adobe.com>  wrote:
>>> now, to implement the various JCR versioning operations, I'd like
>>> to encapsulate them in commit hooks as much as possible. this
>>> avoid the need to duplicate code and perform consistency checks
>>> in various places. my idea is to trigger those hooks with a defined
>>> set of content modification on Trees on through the oak API:
>>
>> This might be troublesome in some cases, for example if we want to
>> import a node together with its version history,
>
> hmm, I didn't consider that case. Is this really something we want to
> support? I don't think we had that feature in Jackrabbit.

we didn't have it in jackrabbit but something that i discussed
multiple times with tobi... using JCR API (and jackrabbit) the only
way to do that would be a workspace import which on the other hand
wasn't supported for other special content... now with the OAK API
in between we definitely should reconsider that as importing
protected content can be handled straight forward both as session
and as workspace operation.

kind regards
angela