From Tommaso Teofili <teof...@adobe.com>
Subject question about IndexRow API
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 14:03:55 GMT
Hi all,

while trying to implement a custom IndexRow for the SolrQueryEngine i found myself wondering
how that should be done in a correct way.
IndexRow API has two methods :
- String getPath();
- PropertyStateValue getValue(String columnName);

I wonder how a custom implementation would behave with respect to the getValue() method, I
mean that it should return a PropertyStateValue but, as far as I could see so far, the PropertyStateValue
constructor is protected (so cannot be directly instantiated) and the utility methods in PropertyValues,
though calling new PropertyStateValue(...), return the PropertyValue interface.
So my question is: how could I create a PropertyStateValue instance without doing an ugly
cast from PropertyValue ?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this sounds stupid :-)
Tommaso