From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Oak & JCR versioning
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:03:29 GMT

On Nov 30, 2012, at 10:58 , KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@TIROL.GV.AT> wrote:

> Hi ...
>
> With respect to your experience over times but i'm absolutly sure that there are many
use cases out there
> where workspaces will be used.
>
> I don't know exactly of which level we are talking here but on jcr (api) level workspaces
are from my point of view
> a must have.

its my understanding that workspaces are one of the viable approaches to content staging.

its also useful for multi tenant setups. especially if we are to bring JCR and Oak to larger
audiences via PHPCR, then we also need to consider how to make it easier to host for people
with lower requirements than the average Java based CMS installation.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org