From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [MongoMK] BlobStore garbage collection
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 14:50:36 GMT
Hi,

I would definitely at least *try* to implement a MongoDB BlobStore based
on the AbstractBlobStore. It should be quite simple (one class). Then, it
would be interesting to know which implementation is faster: the GridFS
one or an implementation based on AbstractBlobStore :-) Specially if the
difference is big. If GridFS is faster, maybe we could learn something
from them.

It looks like GridFS uses md5 hashes, that sounds a bit risky to me,
specially if anonymous users can create binaries. An attacker could upload
two files with the same md5 hash, which would at least "confuse" Oak and
maybe GridFS, or maybe worse. I mean, using md5 for your own files is
fine, but it seems problematic for Oak, because it would somewhat limit
the use cases.

Regards,
Thomas