From Mete Atamel <mata...@adobe.com>
Subject [MongoMK] BlobStore garbage collection
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 09:30:31 GMT
Hi,

One of the things I need to implement for MongoMK is BlobStore garbage
collection. I see that there's an initial implementation for garbage
collection in AbstractBlobStore in oak-mk and I also see this bug [0] to
improve that initial implementation.

MongoMK uses a GridFS based BlobStore, separate from AbstractBlobStore in
oak-mk. I could potentially come up with my own GC, based on that GridFS
implementation, or I could try a new AbstractBlobStore implementation for
MongoMK (not GridFS based). With the second approach, I potentially get
current and future garbage collection improvements for free.

Not sure which path to follow yet but I wanted to see what others thought
before starting to work on it.

Thanks,
Mete

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-377