From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: hash maps was Re: Support for long multivalued properties
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 15:08:42 GMT
On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org
> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls@pooteeweet.org>
> wrote:
> > ...i really feel like this is a clash of worlds here ..
>
> ...and modularity is usually the answer in such cases ;-)
>
> I'm only following this from afar, but maybe what's needed is an
> extension point that allows Lukas to implement what he needs without
> burdening the main implementation.

Who says he can't? I think the point Alex and Jukka were tying to make is
that JCR already supports a data structure which can be converted into a
hash.

I don't know much about PHP, but when I write client applications in
JavaScript, I'm almost always dealing with an object which looks like a
hash to me.

Justin