From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Support for long multivalued properties
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:06:00 GMT

On Nov 15, 2012, at 14:02 , Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> before adding this i would rather want to see support for hash maps.
>
> Sounds interesting.. could you give more details please?

well right now you can only store "ordered lists".
especially in PHP its common to use associative arrays

$var = array(
  'foo' => 'bar',
  'ding' => 'dong',
)

right now when I want to store such data in JCR/Jackarabbit I need to split this into 2 multi
valued properties, one with the values and one with the keys, which then need to be reassembled
on read.

that being said .. if we want to add this in OAK, we should look into adding it into JCR 2.1
aka JSR-333 too

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org