From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BlobFactory (was Re: svn commit: r1401571 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api: BlobFactory.java Root.java)
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:49:38 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> basically i don't care how we implement it. but i think it's
> crucial that we have the ability to control it... immediately
> persisting binary-values without being able to enforce any kind
> of validation or permission checks and ultimately reverting back
> the changes is IMO not acceptable.

What kind of validation or permission checks should/could be applied
at that point?

Trying to prevent denial-of-service attacks beyond things like normal
garbage collection at this level is an effort in vain. There's no
reliable way for the repository to know which higher level access
patterns are valid and which are not.

BR,

Jukka Zitting