From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1400105 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/Oak.java oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/RepositoryImpl.java oak-run/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/run/Main.java
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:24:36 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:
> why can't it be both? It used to be hardcoded in oak-core
> before you moved it to RepositoryImpl...

Two reasons:

1) To avoid confusion. So far all our plugins are such that they can
be selectively included or excluded depending on the kind of a
deployment.

2) For performance. The OCE does a diff over the whole change set to
see if ordering changes are needed. This shouldn't be needed in
deployments where we don't care about ordering. In such deployments
IMHO only explicit orderBefore (and possibly re/move) calls should
need to deal with ordering.

BR,

Jukka Zitting