From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The destiny of Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:57:23 GMT
2012/10/1 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>:

> I'm not sure that it's a good idea to call something "Jackrabbit" that is so
> different in what it supports compared to "current" Jackrabbit.

Just from the peanut gallery: we did the same years ago with Cocoon,
the 2.0 version was 100% different than every previous version, even
migration was not possible. And it worked out pretty well - in the
beginning everyone referenced the new version as "Cocoon 2" (like JR
3) in contrast to just "Cocoon" for the old one. But over time this
changed and wasn't a problem at all.

Regards
Carsten

--