From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The destiny of Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 17:23:08 GMT
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Tommaso Teofili <teofili@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...there is a goal in Oak to be less strict with regard to JCR spec compatibility which,
in my opinion, makes a
> possibly important point of distinction.
> If this understanding is correct then I think it'd make sense to have separate projects....

You can have separate software projects/modules in a single Apache
project - I agree with others that keeping Oak (the software
project/module) within Jackrabbit the Apache project is less risky in
terms of community.

Saying that Jackrabbit 2 is the JCR reference implementation, and
Jackrabbit Oak (or whatever it's called) is a mostly compliant JCR
repository is perfectly fine as long as that's clear.

-Bertrand