From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1400105 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/Oak.java oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/RepositoryImpl.java oak-run/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/run/Main.java
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:24:34 GMT
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Marcel Reutegger
> <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:
> > I think this is the wrong place for the OrderedChildrenEditor. This editor
> > is required for oak-core to work correctly. It's not an optional or JCR
> > specific editor.
>
> Hmm, what will fail if the OCE is not in place?

The two tests in RootTest, which are currently ignored for a related
reason. The purpose of the OCE is to make sure all children are
present in the hidden :childOrder property. This is rather a safety
net and shoulnd't be required. The other purpose is to maintain
the :childOrder property on commit when Root.copy() or Root.move()
was called. See also: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-169?focusedCommentId=13474153&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13474153

I'm currently working on the copy/move issue. After that we may
not need the OCE anymore.

Regards
 Marcel